Thursday, July 03, 2008

Maniacal Weeding

When things are slow in the ATV rental business, I do yard work around our building. There is something therapeutic about hacking weeds to death with a hoe. There is great satisfaction in turning around after 45 minutes of merciless chopping and beholding the swath of destruction. Its like mass genocide...with plants.... herbicide. Someone should have given Hitler a rake, a hoe, and a dusty weed choked field and set him loose. The world would be a very different place. I continue my rampage, an unstoppable force until the combined powers of excessive heat, dust inhalation, allergies, and a blood blister finally take their toll and I slink back to my desk, to blog. But I will rise again, hoe in hand, and in that day weeds will tremble and shrink before me, The Bringer of Death, The Reaper.

1 comment:

JethRobyn said...

Will you bring your death to the morning glory killing my plants in my garden? I'd appreciate the backup.