Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I miss playing catch phrase with funny people.

I loved it when we would take as much time as we could to describe our words in the most round about way possible. I think Caleb was the king of that. Yesterday for ward FHE the group I'm in got together and played "get to know you" games. Yeah, I went because there were brownies. Anyway, they decided on playing "Homemade Catchphrase". Everyone wrote between five and ten words and put them in a bowl. Then a person had 30 seconds or so to describe as many of the words as possible. Some of my entries:

Light-mayonnaise
Marionette
High fructose corn syrup
Cat scratch post
Acid-wash jeans
Poultry

I imagined what it would have been like if it had been a group of my friends playing this game. I tried to tone my entries down because I knew most of these people wouldn't understand my humor, but I felt old when they didn't know what acid-wash jeans were. Most popular entries: tree, car, shoes. Yeah it was a real yawner, but I'd like to try it out with a more lively group.

No comments: