Friday, October 31, 2008

Blog Hoarding: Ethical?

Throughout history, great leaders have gone to great lengths to gain power and/or subdue their enemies. As I sit at the keyboard, seemingly awash in hoarded blog posts, I can't help but ask myself, "Is this right?"

Many of the world's most powerful historical figures would say that morality has no place in this world of kill or be killed. There is only power and weakness. However appealing this Machiavellian world view may be, I am constrained by a deep sense of morality to question my actions.

Be that as it may, I am equally constrained by my bloglust to defeat my opponent by any means necessary. And so it continues, until at last the time comes to unleash the beast.

I have an unshakable feeling that I am not alone in this blog proliferation. This only serves to push the question of morality further out of my limited scope. My sole focus is victory. Let the pundits and historians judge my actions when the dust clears and my opponent lies cold and lifeless at my feet.

Those who dawdle cannot achieve greatness. I will leave the questioning of morality to those who are too weak to take what they want. Keep your morality. I want BLOG POWER!

No comments: