Friday, October 31, 2008

Kindergartners and Education


I am a fairly moderate guy. I have no major problem with gays or lesbians or even gay marriage. I respect their right to choose that lifestyle, and its no skin off my back if they are recognized legally. But please keep your political agenda out of Kindergartens. You are infringing on a parents' right to protect their child's innocence. Five-Year-Olds signing gay pledges? Mind you, I read that pledge and I fully support everything on that card. There is nothing wrong with promoting tolerance. But these are little babies. I shudder to think of kindergartners having to know anything about transgender, gay, and lesbian issues. There is a time and a place for everything, but that is ridiculously too young.

I hope the California School System takes a stand for parents' rights.

No comments: