Thursday, October 30, 2008

Scrabble


My Dad used to be a scrabble machine. I got pretty good too. I think we've all gotten pretty rusty, but I want to get back into it.

I remember when we first started playing. I was in Junior High. I remember playing with my dad while listening to the Fleetwood Mac live album "The Dance" that came out in 97 -ish. We were total noobs, feeling our way around a game that was completely out of our league. One time I beat him with the word zax. It was a desparate bid to get rid of letters and it turned out to be a word. Those were fun times.

Later on we progressed and learned the strategy involved in the game. My dad began playing online and was consistently beating top 50 opponents. He left me in the dust, but I like to think that I can still hold my own. I have a scrabble computer game CD somewhere around here. I should find it. I challenge you all to a Scrabble duel.

1 comment:

Leona Raisin said...

What color is your favorite word game. Is it pink/cut? Ever anagram with Scrabble tiles?