Thursday, October 02, 2008

Important Thursday Events

#1- No Office. What a bummer, I have been excited for a new episode all week. I can't believe I didn't process the fact that due to the debates, There would probably be no Office. Oh well, plenty of entertainment anyway.

#2- Dodgers take the first two games of their series vs. the Cubs, at Wrigley Field. Who saw this coming? I am still pissed about Manny Ramirez quitting on the Sox. The Dodgers basically got him for free. Now they are killing the Cubs. They ended up winning 10-3 tonight.

#3- Vice Presidential Debate- I only saw parts of it, but I thought Sarah Palin did better than we expected her to. There was no meltdown. No major gaffes that I could see. I was so concerned, and it makes me realize I am more effected by the media coverage, and pop culture than I previously thought. We have been barraged with expectations of a terrible performance, but now analysts were saying she won the debate. Of course you wonder if Biden's main goal in the debate was to stay down. He had everything to lose and not a lot to gain by burying Palin. Anyway, it was less dramatic than I expected.

#4- Utah beats OSU- Utah tied OSU with a touchdown with like a 1:30 left in the fourth. Then I looked away, and when I looked back, they were kicking a field goal with 3 seconds left in the game. They won. Great news for the MWC. Now hopefully BYU will follow that up with a shutout against Utah State. BCS! BCS! BCS!

No comments: