Monday, October 13, 2008

Ancient Greece: To Make Matters Worse.

So on top of the Red Sox getting whipped like a sick dog at Fenway today, I also lost a friendly competition with my good friend Jaynann Daly. We're both in the Ancient Greece history class, and for a test our professor assigned an essay based on one of three options to be completed at home. So last week we wrote our essays, both of us waiting until the last day to write them up in a frenzy. Mine was on the origins of ancient Athenian democracy. Hers was on the Spartan culture. As he began passing the tests back today, we anxiously awaited our scores. The person with the higher score naturally would have friendly bragging rights. So our professor calls Jaynann by name along with a handful of other students for their exceptional papers. My name was not called. Jaynann got her paper. 94/100. Time passed. My name was one of the last called. 92/100. WHYYYYYY?!?!? I LOSE AT EVERYTHING! I don't know why I even try. I am going to drop out of school.

No comments: